“If you create because you want to be famous, you’re a moron. If you create and you don’t want to be famous, you’re full of sh*t.” Me.
- If you create because you want to be famous, you’re a moron. If you create and you don’t want to be famous, you’re full of shit.
- In art, education is incredibly important. Especially in the beginning, artists with BFA’s and MFA’s hold a huge advantage over those who are self-taught. You can be successful as a self-taught artist but it will be harder and take longer to become so.
- It takes time to develop skills. Don’t be discouraged if your early work falls short.
- Success won’t come overnight (or anywhere close). Stay the course.
- If you’re not confident in your work, don’t expect anyone else to be.
- Making your art is not enough. You need to promote it – constantly!
- Most artists have no business acumen. If you do, you will hold a distinct advantage over them – even if they’re more talented then you.
- Set realistic goals but shoot for the stars too.