I’ve been blogging for a couple of years, and two weeks ago, I published my 100th post. If you’re thinking about starting your own blog, here’s what I’ve learned…so far.
- If you’re passionate about what you write, nothing else matters (e.g. likes, followers).
- Use the opportunity to learn. Blogs are great for digging deeper into your passion.
- Accentuate the positive, even when being critical.
- Befriend a thesaurus.
- Befriend your fellow bloggers.
- Make a posting schedule and stick to it. Consistency is key.
- Read articles on blog promotion. Do what you read.
- At a minimum, set up a Facebook page, tweet and stumble your posts.
- Don’t give up.
- Have fun.